The Nominating Committee is a Standing Committee of NAEPSDP per the Bylaws and is chaired by the immediate Past President. There are no specific number of members required. Recommendations for membership may be taken from the Regional Representatives and the incoming President. All committee members are appointed for one year. Geographic distribution of members should be considered. The Mission of the Nominating Committee is to bring to the membership a slate of officers for the Board of Directors to be voted on annually and to coordinate the election process.
The Goals/Action Steps of the Nominating Committee:
- Request nominations from the membership.
- Accept nominations ONLY from eligible members. All eligible members may nominate for President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer. Only eligible members from a region may nominate for their region’s Regional Representative.
- Assure that all nominees are eligible to be nominated (Active or Life members of the association).
- Certify that all nominations are valid and that nominees are willing to accept the position if elected.
- Establish the slate of candidates. Note that a nominee may only be placed on the ballot for one position. If nominated for more than one position, a nominee must select the position for which he/she will run.
- Oversee the election process
- Report results of elections to the Board of Directors for certification.
- Assure that within 30 days of the close of the election, that the membership is notified of election results.
Timeline for the Nominating Committee:
- August/September – The request for nominations is created by the Nominating Committee and distributed electronically to the membership.
- September – Nominating Committee certifies that all nominees are eligible and willing to be nominated.
- Late September or early October - Ballots electronically distributed to the active membership. Voting is open for 10 days following the distribution of ballots.
- At the close of the election - Nominating Committee Chair reports the results to the Board. The Board must certify the election results. The raw data from the online balloting is shared along with the summary results.
- 30 days after the close of the election - Nominating Committee Chair (Past President) announces the results to the entire membership.
- November – The election results and notation of approval by board should be presented at the November Board meeting to capture this information in the official minutes.