Journal of Extension (JOE): NAEPSDP Representative
Role and Responsibilities of the Board Position
The NAEPSDP representative on the JOE Board agrees to:
- Attend and participate in all JOE Board meetings (two (2) face-to-face & four (4) conference calls. Face-to-Face meetings are two-days). The NAEPSDP representative on the JOE board is responsible for covering all transportation costs required to attend face-to-face JOE Board meetings.
- Participate on at least one JOE Board subcommittee
- Read minutes and handouts prior to meetings and come to meetings prepared
- Suggest agenda items when appropriate
- Maintain communications among NAEPSDP constituency group and JOE Board.
- Report on activities of NAEPSDP at Board JOE Board meetings.
- Solicit input from NAEPSDP and communicate member and board ideas, concerns and input back to the JOE Board
- Be familiar with http://www.joe.org, especially the Board of Directors, Board Bylaws, and National Job Bank
- Promote JOE to NAEPSDP
- Report back to the NAEPSDP Board (through virtual board meetings) after each JOE Board meeting
- Solicit ideas and input regarding JOE and the National Job Bank from the NAEPSDP Board and membership
- Use promotional materials (handouts, display) at organizational conferences or meetings
- Look for opportunities for JOE presentations at NAEPSDP organizational conferences or meetings
- Look for opportunities to include JOE and Job Bank information in conference or meeting packets
- Prepare JOE updates for NAEPSDP board meetings and at the annual conference
- Submit articles on JOE and the National Job Bank to the NAESPDP Marketing Committee
- Remind NAEPSPD members how they can sign up to automatically receive each issue of JOE
- Recruit NAEPSDP members to be considered for appointment as peer reviewers of JOE articles.
- Serve a three (3) year term on the JOE Board of Directors